St. Dorothy’s Rest is an Episcopal Camp and Conference center in Occidental. In the summer they hold a variety of camps for children of all ages, including their Hospital Camps. St. Dorothy’s Hospital Camps are tuition-free opportunities offered to children fighting cancer and needing organ transplants at California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco and Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford. Woods-to-the-Waves raises funds to cover the cost of hospital camps and it’s great fun. You are invited to join Christy and Kai and a group of friends of St. Dorothy’s, and maybe even your dog as we walk, run or mountain-bike 2, 12.5 or 14.6 miles from St. Dorothy’s in the redwood hills of western Sonoma County down to Shell Beach on the salty Pacific Ocean. The path is beautiful, moderately strenuous for the first 2 miles, and it’s a great way to show your support St. Dorothy’s and hospital campers.
- When: Saturday, May 11th, 2013
- Where: St. Dorothy’s Episcopal Camp & Retreat Sonoma County, California http://www.stdorothysrest.org/wp/woods-to-waves/
- Cost: $20 registration fee and participants are asked to fundraise for the event.
- Contact: Katie Evenbeck, Executive Director 707-874-3319 email@example.com
- Link: http://www.stdorothysrest.org/wp/woods-to-waves/
- Sponsor: For those wanting to support this beautiful ministry, those of us hiking are asked to raise a minimum of $100 in sponsorships. If you are able to help sponsor one of the St. Stephen’s hikers, please write a check to St. Stephen’s with “Woods to Waves” in the memo line.