The Great Easter Vigil:: Saturday, April 11 @ 8pm
In the Great Easter Vigil we move from the darkness of the tomb into the light of the resurrection. The service will begin after sundown. In it we will tell the story of the people of God. Usually we do this around the newly kindled fire in our Outdoor Sacred Space. This year, you are invited to light a candle and join us in darkness. We will tell the story using scripture, poetry, and stories. We will move into the celebration of Easter with shouts of “Alleluia” and light. You are invited to have other candles ready to be lit and other sources of light to turn on. Unfortunately, this year, we will not be able to celebrate Eucharist which is the proper culmination of this celebration. You are encouraged to have some type of celebratory treat prepared for yourself to celebrate after the service.
Easter Sunday:: Sunday, April 12 @ 10am
You are invited to join us as we join the Washington National Cathedral for their celebration of Easter. Our Presiding Bishop Michael Curry will be the preacher. We will create a watch party on our Facebook page at 10am. The Cathedral’s service is actually at 8:15am PST (11:15am EST). So you’re welcome to watch earlier, but we hope you’ll join us at 10am!
- The Washington National Cathedral’s Lent and Easter Services
- Video Stations of the Cross: Courtesy of The Rev. Dr. Daniel London:: Stations 1-6 and Stations 7-13
- Stations of the Cross Booklet: Courtesy of King of Peace Episcopal Church
- The lectionary readings
- The online Book of Common Prayer
- Our Diocese’s Holy Week at Home Resources
- For Children
- Holy Week at Home Coloring Book
- Holy Week At Home: Family Practices for the Triduum
- Stations of the Cross for Children: Courtesy of Cecelia Snyder and Chrissie Crosby
- Coloring Pages